Palm Trees and Puppy Dogs

This is my blog. I like palm trees. I like puppies. That about sums it up. (If only it was that simple.)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Senior Year

It's late. I have homework to finish or start or something. But, at the moment I'm not worried about these things. I talked to a good friend tonight who is dealing with something many of us are dealing with. It's our Senior year of college. That's a big deal. Many will just start classes again in the Fall without missing a beat. Some of us, however, will be moving on.

That's great, right? Woohoo, no more school!!! While this is true, it also brings to light more serious, much scarier thoughts. Mainly, what am I going to do for the rest of my life? Honestly, at the moment, I would settle for an answer to what am I going to do for the next year?

These thoughts can become overwhelming. It is possible to push them away for awhile, but they come back every so often. That's ok though. It's important to think about the future. It is also important to enjoy the present. That is my goal for this semester...to take advantage of as many opportunities for fun as possible. Enjoy the great friends who surround me. Realize what I have right now.

Although I no longer want to pursue an engineering career, I, in no way, regret being in Speed School. I can't really imagine college without the 8 a.m. calculus, the hours of homework, the late nights in the dorm, the summer in Center Hall, all the fun I've had and great friends I've made.

Well, I realized I've become somewhat sappy and sentimental. That's not what this is about. This is about having as much fun as possible for the rest of the semester.

IT'S SENIOR YEAR, BABY! ENJOY!

3 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, March 08, 2005, Blogger lasoski said...

i love being sappy and sentimental. The warm fuzzy feeling is great. Almost as great as the warm feeling you get after kicking back a few with your buds and having a blast. Speaking of which, I'm going to finish this homework and chug some beer. I only have 5 more days of being 21.

 
At 8:39 AM, March 08, 2005, Blogger Andy G. said...

I'm old...

 
At 7:48 PM, March 08, 2005, Blogger Parris said...

Lubbers,

My thoughts exactly.

Parris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home